Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs
Peer Support Manager Job Description
The Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs has an opening for a certified Peer Support Manager. This position reports directly to the Director of the Office of Consumer Affairs. The Peer Support Manager is considered part of the NAMI Iowa staff fulfilling the contract requirements of the OCA Grant NAMI Iowa holds with the Iowa Department of Human Services. A certified Peer Support Specialist with two years’ experience working with people with severe and persistent mental illness, their families and loved ones is the ideal candidate for this position.
The primary duty is to respond to telephone calls, e-mails, snail mail, and walk-ins if in Des Moines office within 72 hours and to follow-up within the month with satisfaction surveys. This work is done in collaboration with the Director of Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs and the Administrative Manager of NAMI Iowa. This work is expected to take 8-10 hours per week. The Iowa Consumer Advisory Committee meets four times a year. Preparation and participation in these meetings is vital to the position.
Other Duties include the following:
- Participate in weekly NAMI staff meetings on Monday at 10 AM at a minimum for 1 hour.
- Participate in bi-weekly check-ins with the Iowa OCA Director for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Participate in quarterly goal review with the Iowa OCA Director.
- Participate in yearly job evaluation.
- Maintain calendar in Outlook.
- Prepare data for monthly report to IDHS, grant manager.
- Assist in recruitment of Iowa OCA Advisory Committee members.
- Participate in NAMI Special Events: NAMI Walk in September, Day on Hill in March, and Program Day and Annual Meeting in November.
Communication Duties include the following:
- Return calls and e-mails with NAMI staff promptly.
- Write and solicit articles for OCA Newsletter.
- Establish relationships with Peer Wellness Centers in Iowa.
The Peer Support Manager will work 15 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (negotiable). This position pays $20 per hour. Pay periods are the 1st and 15th of every month. Expenses are paid including mileage at $0.48 per mile and $50 reimbursement monthly for the use of personal cell phone upon presentation of monthly cell phone bill. It is helpful if the Peer Support Manager works remotely that they have their own computer and printer. If the individual lives within a 30-mile radius of Des Moines, s/he is expected to work in the NAMI office in Des Moines. This individual will need to be available for travel throughout Iowa.
Plan for soliciting applicants for the position will be word of mouth, Notice to NAMI Iowa Affiliates, the OCA and NAMI Facebook and Website. Mailing through Peer Support Specialist list. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2017.