We Need You!

Home / We Need You!

The Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs Advisory Committee needs additional members.  There are several caveats that we need to have represented:


  • Peers and/or Peer Support Specialists
  • Family members or loved ones who have children with severe emotional disturbances


These individuals need to live in one of the following 12 Mental Health Disability Services Regions:

  • Sioux Rivers MHDS (Plymouth, Sioux, and Woodbury Counties)
  • North West Iowa Care Connections (Clay, Dickinson, Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, and Palo Alto Counties) Nami of Northwest Iowa serves Clay County.
  • Rolling Hills Community Services (Buena Vista, Calhoun, Carroll, Cherokee, Crawford, Ida, and Sac)
  • Heart of Iowa (Audubon, Dallas, Guthrie, and Green Counties) NAMI of Greater Des Moines serves Dallas County.
  • Southern Hills Regional Mental Health (Adair, Adams, Taylor, and Union Counties)
  • County Rural Office of Social Services – CROSS (Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Marion, Monroe, Ringgold, and Wayne Counties)
  • South Central Behavioral Health (Appanoose, Davis, Mahaska, and Wapello Counties) NAMI of South Central Iowa serves Appanoose County.
  • Southeast Iowa Link (Des Moines, Henry, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lee, Louisa, Van Buren, and Washington Counties)
  • Eastern Iowa MHDS (Cedar, Clinton, Jackson, Muscatine, and Scott Counties) NAMI of Greater Mississippi serves Clinton, Muscatine and Scott Counties.
  • MHDS of East Central Region (Benton, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, and Linn) NAMI’s of Dubuque, Johnson County and Linn County serve their respective counties.
  • Central Iowa Community Services (Boone, Franklin, Hardin, Hamilton, Jasper, Madison, Marshall, Story, Poweshiek, and Warren Counties) Nami of Greater Des Moines serves Madison and Warren Counties and Nami of Central Iowa serves Story County.


If you would like to nominate someone who is a peer or a family member who has a child with severe emotional disturbance, please contact Judy Davis at judy@namiiowa.org or call 1-855-622-4692 or call your local affiliate listed following the named counties.

Leave a Comment